Twelve home owners in and around Alton opened their doors in March 2014 to share their home improvements, features and tips that help to lower fuel bills. Visitors were able to find out how to save on fuel bills.
The features range from the ingenious and low cost/free, to the high tech and expensive, including renewable energy technologies. We also provided advice and information on government payment schemes for solar hot water, air-source heat pumps, solar electricity and wood pellet boilers.
- external and internal solid wall insulation;
- light tubes;
- low energy LEDs;
- solar hot water and PV systems;
- wood burning boilers and stoves;
- air source heat pump;
- rainwater harvesting system;
- reed bed waste water system.