About this event:
On 16 May, we welcome Gary Wilburn, Managing Director of HPW Architecture, to give a talk and lead a discussion on how we can deliver affordable low energy buildings as the norm. This is the great challenge in sustainable construction – following the Government’s lowering of the sustainable standards for new homes in 2015, we seem to be going backwards. But it does not have to be like this. Gary will give us examples and case studies, and stimulate discussion on:
- Applying fabric first construction to mainstream development
- Integrating renewables into construction projects
- The cost of going beyond building regulation standards
- Can we adopt Net Zero Energy or Passivhaus to all new housing?
- An introduction to the work of the Association for Environment Conscious Building
Join us on Wednesday 16th May at 7.30 pm at Alton Community Centre. Free event. All welcome. Bar.